Map > Why Map?
Curriculum mapping is a vital part of any school’s plan for successful student outcomes.
Curriculum Crafter is the single platform that allows for the easy crafting of aligned lessons into maps that can be integrated across classrooms, subjects, and grades.
Curriculum mapping is a process for recording the content and skills actually taught in the classroom over the course of a year. It’s also part of the process of assessing learning outcomes in a particular classroom or grade.
+ The benefits of curriculum mapping are many
- Improves grade coherence
- Increases the likelihood that students achieve program-level outcomes
- Encourages communication and collaboration among faculty
- Encourages reflective practice, improvement and innovation in the classroom
- Aligns instruction with desired learning outcomes
- Allows teachers who teach the same subjects a way of reaching the same benchmarks and goals
- Can be immensely helpful in knowing students’ background knowledge coming into each level of class
- Provides administrators and teachers a simple, straightforward way to engage evaluations and educational standards.